I wanted to tell y'all about this fake blog award I won. I didn't have to do anything, so I'm not sure it's an award. It's more like a chain letter that appeals to pride rather than fear. But it's a good chance to tell everyone about six bloggers I love to read, so ain't no harm in it. Thank you to Jana, who writes Shut the Front Door, a blog so entertaining that Jana had to promise to keep her pants on for me. She tells the story of a homeless guy screaming at his nickel that still makes me laugh when I think of it. I might have died if I'd actually been there.
I'm told I have to follow the rules of the Liebster Blog Award or deranged gerbils will eat my toes, and fuck if I'll let THAT happen. Again.
THE RULES 1. Link back to the person who gave you the award. Bloggers are attention whores. It's what we do. 2. Pick five other deserving bloggers who have fewer than 200 followers and give them the Liebster Blog Award. I'm not sure how to verify how many followers a blog has, so I'm going to just guess.
One guy who got this award and followed the rules got unexpected pumpkin pie delivered to his home. With real whipped cream. Another guy who didn't follow the rules got turned into a backpack by cannibal tanners. No lie. (See disclaimer)
1. justJenn recipes is where I go for geeky food ideas. And porn. Food porn, I mean. She doesn't have any regular porn that I've noticed. But there could be. The food pics are distracting.
2. Nepotism alert: This next winner is my husband's blog. I mention Evilsoft.org because whenever I feel like I might be falling into a nerd black hole from which there is no escape, I go here to remind myself that I'm an amateur. And that dudes dig nerd girls.
3. I just found out about Surviving the World a few days ago, but it has quickly become one of my favorites. There's something sexy about a guy in a lab coat standing at a chalk board. Rrowwwr.
4. Skidmore Bluffs is dark and funny, with the feel of an artistic ransom note.
5. Craftastrophe reminds me that crafts don't have to be about booties and origami flowers. Unless they're booties and origami flowers that will stab your family, then bury them in an evil cemetery that will animate them so they can kill again.
(Disclaimer: This statement is not intended to be factual.)